The AeroCurtain is a design originated by Alloy Bodies Ltd back in 1994 and derived from our AeroLuton body. It utilises the same aerodynamic front pod and proves more cost effective than a conventional curtainsider design with an independent cab air management kit, but also provides useful storage above the cab accessed from inside the body.
As with the focus on many of our bodies, the AeroCurtain provides an aesthetic improvement over conventional body designs giving you the ideal advertisement for your product.
Our Aerocurtain has evolved to include the following class leading design features
- ‘Supertension’ PVC curtains to prevent bellowing and reduce vehicle instability in high winds
- Heavy duty bottom curtain hem
- Lightweight aluminium curtain poles
- Stainless steel positive locking curtain buckles with slimline rave hooks
- High quality ratchet curtain tensioners to front and rear
- 20 (yes 20!) pallet lashing points down each siderave.
- Flush floor to prevent pallet snag damage
- Bolted construction for additional strength and ease of repair
- Optional – DVSA Compliant pallet restraint system
Load securing on curtainsiders
Anyone operating curtain sided bodies on their fleet needs to understand their responsibility to ensure the load they are transporting is sufficiently and effectively restrained, ensuring the safety of the operatives when loading and unloading and the cargo itself. VOSA currently have over 300 trained roadside inspectors patrolling our roads, enforcing recommendations and codes of practice for load restraint on goods vehicles.
We offer a number of satisfactory, high quality load restraint systems and will offer advice regarding suitable restraint mechanisms that can be fitted to our products. As the operator/driver it will be your responsibility to act in accordance with industry guidelines and ensure safety and security.
It is good practice to conduct a suitable risk assessment for all types of load to be carried.
Available on the following chassis cabs
- Mercedes Sprinter
- MAN TGE
- Fiat Ducato
- Volkswagen Crafter
- Iveco Daily
- Ford Transit
- Renault Master
- Vauxhall Movano
- Nissan NV400
- Peugeot Boxer
- Citroen Relay
- Tail lifts
- Flush rear barn doors
- Wide Lath rear shutter
- Additional internal load restraint
- Additional internal lighting
- Lightweight construction